THIS MAIN SERVICES AGREEMENT GOVERNS CUSTOMER’S ACQUISITION AND USE OF SSTECH SERVICES. CAPITALIZED TERMS HAVE THE DEFINITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN.
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, BY (1) CLICKING A BOX INDICATING ACCEPTANCE, (2) EXECUTING AN ORDER FORM THAT REFERENCES THIS AGREEMENT, OR (3) USING FREE SERVICES, CUSTOMER AGREES TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT IS ACCEPTING ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, SUCH INDIVIDUAL REPRESENTS THAT THEY HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERM “CUSTOMER” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES. IF THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR DOES NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SUCH INDIVIDUAL MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
The Services may not be accessed for purposes of monitoring their availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes.
SSTECH’s direct competitors are prohibited from accessing the Services, except with SSTECH’s prior written consent.
This Agreement was last updated on Oct 9, 2023. It is effective between Customer and SSTECH as of the date of Customer’s accepting this Agreement (the “Effective Date”).
“Affiliate” means any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the subject entity. “Control,” for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interests of the subject entity.
“Agreement” means this Main Services Agreement.
“Beta Services” means SSTECH services or functionality that may be made available to Customer to try at its option at no additional charge which is clearly designated as beta, pilot, limited release, developer preview, non-production, evaluation, or by a similar description.
“Content” means information obtained by SSTECH from publicly available sources or its third-party content providers and made available to Customer through the Services, Beta Services or pursuant to an Order Form, as more fully described in the Documentation.
“Customer” means in the case of an individual accepting this Agreement on his or her own behalf, such individual, or in the case of an individual accepting this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, the company or other legal entity for which such individual is accepting this Agreement, and Affiliates of that company or entity (for so long as they remain Affiliates) which have entered into Order Forms.
“Customer Data” means electronic data and information submitted by or for Customer to the Services, excluding Content and Non-SSTECH Applications.
“Documentation” means the applicable Service’s Trust and Compliance documentation at https://www.connect-ez.com/ and its usage guides and policies, as updated from time to time.
“Free Services” means Services that SSTECH makes available to Customer free of charge. Free Services exclude Services offered as a free trial, and/or Purchased Services with a Money Back Guarantee.
“Malicious Code” means code, files, scripts, agents or programs intended to do harm, including, for example, viruses, worms, time bombs and Trojan horses.
“Marketplace” means an online directory, catalog or marketplace of applications that interoperate with the Services, including, for example, WordPress at https://profiles.wordpress.org/connectez/, and any successor websites.
“Non-SSTECH Application” means Web-based, mobile, offline or other software functionality that interoperates with a Service, that is provided by Customer or a third party and/or listed on a Marketplace. Non-SSTECH Applications, other than those obtained or provided by Customer, will be identifiable as such.
“Order Form” means an ordering document or online order specifying the Services to be provided hereunder that is entered into between Customer and SSTECH or any of their Affiliates, including any addenda and supplements thereto. By entering into an Order Form hereunder, an Affiliate agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement as if it were an original party hereto.
“Purchased Services” means Services that Customer or Customer’s Affiliate purchases under an Order Form or online purchasing portal, as distinguished from Free Services or those provided pursuant to a free trial.
“Services” means the products and services that are ordered by Customer under an Order Form or online purchasing portal, or provided to Customer free of charge (as applicable) or under a free trial, and made available online by SSTECH, including associated SSTECH offline or mobile components, as described in the Documentation. “Services” exclude Content and Non-SSTECH Applications.
“SSTECH” means SSTECH LTD., an England and Wales Company, or any of its successors or assignees.
“User” means, in the case of an individual accepting these terms on his or her own behalf, such individual, or, in the case of an individual accepting this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, an individual who is authorized by Customer to use a Service, for whom Customer has purchased a subscription (or in the case of any Services provided by SSTECH without charge, for whom a Service has been provisioned), and to whom Customer (or, when applicable, SSTECH at Customer’s request) has supplied a user identification and password (for Services utilizing authentication). Users may include, for example, employees, consultants, contractors and agents of Customer, and third parties with which Customer transacts business.
- SSTECH RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provision of Purchased Services. SSTECH will (a) make the Services and Content available to Customer pursuant to this Agreement, and the applicable Order Forms and Documentation, (b) provide applicable SSTECH standard support for the Purchased Services to Customer at no additional charge, and/or upgraded support if purchased, (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to make the online Purchased Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for: (i) planned downtime (of which SSTECH shall give advance electronic notice), and (ii) any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond SSTECH’s reasonable control, including, for example, an act of God, natural disasters (including earthquakes, storms or other natural disasters), terrorist acts, wars or similar wars Acts, civil disturbances or epidemics, riots, electrical, network, Internet or communication interruptions, blockades, embargoes, fires, floods, explosions or malicious destruction, strikes or labour problems, factory or equipment failures, denial of service attack, Non-SSTECH Application, or any laws, government orders, rules, regulations, directives or industry standard changes, and (d) provide the Services in accordance with laws and government regulations applicable to SSTECH’s provision of its Services to its customers generally (i.e., without regard for Customer’s particular use of the Services), and subject to Customer’s and Users’ use of the Services in accordance with this Agreement, the Documentation and the applicable Order Form.
- Protection of Customer Data. SSTECH will maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Customer Data, as described in the Documentation. Those safeguards will include, but will not be limited to, measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of Customer Data (other than by Customer or Users). To the extent Personal Data from the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom and Switzerland are processed by SSTECH, its Processor Binding Corporate Rules,, and/or the Standard Contractual Clauses shall apply, as further set forth in the DPA . For the purposes of the Standard Contractual Clauses , Customer and its applicable Affiliates are each the data exporter, and Customer’s acceptance of this Agreement, and an applicable Affiliate’s execution of an Order Form, shall be treated as its execution of the Standard Contractual Clauses and Appendices. Upon request by Customer made within 30 days after the effective date of termination or expiration of this Agreement, SSTECH will make Customer Data available to Customer for export or download as provided in the Documentation. After such 30-day period, SSTECH will have no obligation to maintain or provide any Customer Data, and as provided in the Documentation will thereafter delete or destroy all copies of Customer Data in its systems or otherwise in its possession or control, unless legally prohibited.
- SSTECH Personnel. SSTECH will be responsible for the performance of its personnel (including its employees and contractors) and their compliance with SSTECH’s obligations under this Agreement, except as otherwise specified in this Agreement.
- Beta Services. From time to time, SSTECH may make Beta Services available to Customer at no charge. Customer may choose to try such Beta Services or not in its sole discretion.
- Money Back Guarantee. If Customer registers on SSTECH’s or an Affiliate’s website for a service eligible for money back guarantee, the Customer can cancel the service (via email) and ask for a full refund within 30 calendar days of the commissioning of the service. Refunds will be processed as soon as possible and no later than 14 working days. All fees are non-refundable beyond the money back guarantee period. Fees for custom support, setup, on-boarding etc., if any are non-refundable. Any such additional terms and conditions are incorporated into this Agreement by reference and are legally binding.
ANY DATA CUSTOMER ENTERS INTO THE SERVICES, AND ANY CUSTOMIZATIONS MADE TO THE SERVICES BY OR FOR CUSTOMER, DURING CUSTOMER’S MONEY BACK GUARANTEE PERIOD WILL BE PERMANENTLY LOST IF THE CUSTOMER DECIDES TO CANCEL THE SERVICE. CUSTOMER MUST EXPORT CUSTOMER DATA BEFORE THE CANCELLATION OF THE SERVICE OR CUSTOMER DATA WILL BE PERMANENTLY LOST.
- Free Services. SSTECH may make Free Services available to Customer. Use of Free Services is subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In the event of a conflict between this section and any other portion of this Agreement, this section shall control. Free Services are provided to Customer without charge up to certain limits as described in the Documentation. Usage over these limits requires Customer’s purchase of additional resources or services. Customer agrees that SSTECH, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate Customer’s access to the Free Services or any part thereof.
Customer agrees that any termination of Customer’s access to the Free Services may be without prior notice, and Customer agrees that SSTECH will not be liable to Customer or any third party for such termination. Customer is solely responsible for exporting Customer Data from the Free Services prior to termination of Customer’s access to the Free Services for any reason, provided that if SSTECH terminates Customer’s account, except as required by law SSTECH will provide Customer a reasonable opportunity to retrieve its Customer Data.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE “REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND DISCLAIMERS” SECTION AND “INDEMNIFICATION BY SSTECH” SECTION BELOW, THE FREE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY AND SSTECH SHALL HAVE NO INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS NOR LIABILITY OF ANY TYPE WITH RESPECT TO THE FREE SERVICES UNLESS SUCH EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IS NOT ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW IN WHICH CASE SSTECH’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE FREE SERVICES SHALL NOT EXCEED $100.00. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SSTECH AND ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO CUSTOMER THAT: (A) CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE FREE SERVICES WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S REQUIREMENTS, (B) CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE FREE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR, AND (C) USAGE DATA PROVIDED THROUGH THE FREE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THE “LIMITATION OF LIABILITY” SECTION BELOW, CUSTOMER SHALL BE FULLY LIABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO SSTECH AND ITS AFFILIATES FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE FREE SERVICES, ANY BREACH BY CUSTOMER OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY OF CUSTOMER’S INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER.
- USE OF SERVICES AND CONTENT
- Subscriptions. Unless otherwise provided in the applicable Order Form or Documentation, (a) Purchased Services and access to Content are purchased as subscriptions for the term stated in the applicable Order Form or in the applicable online purchasing portal, (b) subscriptions for Purchased Services may be added during a subscription term at the same pricing as the underlying subscription pricing, prorated for the portion of that subscription term remaining at the time the subscriptions are added, and (c) any added subscriptions will terminate on the same date as the underlying subscriptions. Customer agrees that its purchases are not contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features, or dependent on any oral or written public comments made by SSTECH regarding future functionality or features.
- Usage Limits. Services and Content are subject to usage limits specified in Order Forms and Documentation. If Customer exceeds a contractual usage limit, SSTECH may work with Customer to seek to reduce Customer’s usage so that it conforms to that limit. If, notwithstanding SSTECH’s efforts, Customer is unable or unwilling to abide by a contractual usage limit, Customer will execute an Order Form for additional quantities of the applicable Services or Content promptly upon SSTECH’s request, and/or pay any invoice for excess usage in accordance with the “Invoicing and Payment” section below.
- Customer Responsibilities. Customer will (a) be responsible for Users’ compliance with this Agreement, Documentation and Order Forms, (b) be responsible for the accuracy, quality and legality of Customer Data, the means by which Customer acquired Customer Data, Customer’s use of Customer Data with the Services, and the interoperation of any Non-SSTECH Applications with which Customer uses Services or Content, (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or use of Services and Content, and notify SSTECH promptly of any such unauthorized access or use, (d) use Services and Content only in accordance with this Agreement, Documentation, the Acceptable Use and External Facing Services Policy, Order Forms and applicable laws and government regulations, and (e) comply with terms of service of any Non-SSTECH Applications with which Customer uses Services or Content. Any use of the Services in breach of the foregoing by Customer or Users that in SSTECH’s judgment threatens the security, integrity or availability of SSTECH’s services, may result in SSTECH’s immediate suspension of the Services, however SSTECH will use commercially reasonable efforts under the circumstances to provide Customer with notice and an opportunity to remedy such violation or threat prior to any such suspension.
- Usage Restrictions. Customer will not (a) make any Service or Content available to anyone other than Customer or Users, or use any Service or Content for the benefit of anyone other than Customer or its Affiliates, unless expressly stated otherwise in an Order Form or the Documentation, (b) sell, resell, license, sublicense, distribute, rent or lease any Service or Content, or include any Service or Content in a service bureau or outsourcing offering, (c) use a Service or Non-SSTECH Application to store or transmit infringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party privacy rights, (d) use a Service or Non-SSTECH Application to store or transmit Malicious Code, (e) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of any Service or third-party data contained therein, (f) attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Service or Content or its related systems or networks, (g) permit direct or indirect access to or use of any Services or Content in a way that circumvents a contractual usage limit, or use any Services to access, copy or use any of SSTECH intellectual property except as permitted under this Agreement, an Order Form, or the Documentation, (h) modify, copy, or create derivative works of a Service or any part, feature, function or user interface thereof, (i) copy Content except as permitted herein or in an Order Form or the Documentation, (j) frame or mirror any part of any Service or Content, other than framing on Customer’s own intranets or otherwise for its own internal business purposes or as permitted in the Documentation, (k) except to the extent permitted by applicable law, disassemble, reverse engineer, or decompile a Service or Content or access it to (1) build a competitive product or service, (2) build a product or service using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service, (3) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service, or (4) determine whether the Services are within the scope of any patent.
- Removal of Content and Non-SSTECH Applications. If Customer receives notice, including from SSTECH, that Content or a Non-SSTECH Application may no longer be used or must be removed, modified and/or disabled to avoid violating applicable law, third-party rights, or the Acceptable Use and External Facing Services Policy, Customer will promptly do so. If Customer does not take required action, including deleting any Content Customer may have downloaded from the Services, in accordance with the above, or if in SSTECH’s judgment continued violation is likely to reoccur, SSTECH may disable the applicable Content, Service and/or Non-SSTECH Application. If requested by SSTECH, Customer shall confirm deletion and discontinuance of use of such Content and/or Non-SSTECH Application in writing and SSTECH shall be authorized to provide a copy of such confirmation to any such third-party claimant or governmental authority, as applicable. In addition, if SSTECH is required by any third-party rights holder to remove Content, or receives information that Content provided to Customer may violate applicable law or third-party rights, SSTECH may discontinue Customer’s access to Content through the Services.
- FEES AND PAYMENT
- Fees. Customer will pay all fees specified in Order Forms. Except as otherwise specified herein or in an Order Form, (i) fees are based on Services and Content subscriptions purchased and not actual usage, (ii) payment obligations are non-cancellable and fees paid are non-refundable, and (iii) quantities purchased cannot be decreased during the relevant subscription term.
- Invoicing and Payment. Customer will provide SSTECH with valid and updated credit card information, or with a valid purchase order or alternative document reasonably acceptable to SSTECH. If Customer provides credit card information to SSTECH, Customer authorizes SSTECH to charge such credit card for all Purchased Services listed in the Order Form for the initial subscription term and any renewal subscription term(s) as set forth in the “Term of Purchased Subscriptions” section below.
Such charges shall be made in advance, either annually or in accordance with any different billing frequency stated in the applicable Order Form. If the Order Form specifies that payment will be by a method other than a credit card, SSTECH will invoice Customer in advance and otherwise in accordance with the relevant Order Form. Unless otherwise stated in the Order Form, invoiced fees are due net 30 days from the invoice date. Customer is responsible for providing complete and accurate billing and contact information to SSTECH and notifying SSTECH of any changes to such information.
- Overdue Charges.If any invoiced amount is not received by SSTECH by the due date, then without limiting SSTECH’s rights or remedies, (a) those charges may accrue late interest at the rate of 5.5% of the outstanding balance per month, or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is lower, and/or (b) SSTECH may condition future subscription renewals and Order Forms on payment terms shorter than those specified in the “Invoicing and Payment” section above.
- Suspension of Service and Acceleration. If any charge owing by Customer under this or any other agreement for services is 30 days or more overdue, (or 10 or more days overdue in the case of amounts Customer has authorized SSTECH to charge to Customer’s credit card), SSTECH may, without limiting its other rights and remedies, accelerate Customer’s unpaid fee obligations under such agreements so that all such obligations become immediately due and payable, and suspend Services until such amounts are paid in full, provided that, other than for customers paying by credit card or direct debit whose payment has been declined, SSTECH will give Customer at least 10 days’ prior notice that its account is overdue, in accordance with the “Manner of Giving Notice” section below for billing notices, before suspending services to Customer.
- Payment Disputes. SSTECH will not exercise its rights under the “Overdue Charges” or “Suspension of Service and Acceleration” section above if Customer is disputing the applicable charges reasonably and in good faith and is cooperating diligently to resolve the dispute.
- Taxes. SSTECH’s fees do not include any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including, for example, value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes, assessable by any jurisdiction whatsoever (collectively, “Taxes”). Customer is responsible for paying all Taxes associated with its purchases hereunder. If SSTECH has the legal obligation to pay or collect Taxes for which Customer is responsible under this section, SSTECH will invoice Customer and Customer will pay that amount unless Customer provides SSTECH with a valid tax exemption certificate authorized by the appropriate taxing authority. For clarity, SSTECH is solely responsible for taxes assessable against it based on its income, property and employees.
- TEMPORARY SUSPENSION.
- We may suspend the Customer’s or any End User’s right to access or use any portion or all of the Service Offerings immediately without notice to Customer if we determine: (a)You or an End User’s use of the Service Offerings (i) Poses a security risk to the Service Offerings or any third party, (ii) Could adversely impact our systems, the Service Offerings or the systems or Content of any other SSTECH customer, (iii) Could subject us, our affiliates, or any third party to liability, or (iv) Could be fraudulent. (b) Customer is, or any End User is, in breach of this Agreement. (c) Customer is in breach of payment obligations; or (d) Customer have ceased to operate in the ordinary course, made an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar disposition of your assets, or become the subject of any bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or similar proceeding.
- Effect of Suspension. If we suspend your right to access or use any portion or all of the Service Offerings: (a) Customer remain responsible for all fees and charges Counterparty incur during the period of suspension; and (b) Customer will not be entitled to any service credits under the Service Level Agreements for any period of suspension.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND LICENSES
- Reservation of Rights. Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, SSTECH, its Affiliates, its licensors and Content Providers reserve all of their right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all of their related intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to Customer hereunder other than as expressly set forth herein.
- Access to and Use of Content. Customer has the right to access and use applicable Content subject to the terms of applicable Order Forms, this Agreement and the Documentation.
- License by Customer to SSTECH. Customer grants SSTECH, its Affiliates and applicable contractors a worldwide, limited-term license to host, copy, use, transmit, and display any Non-SSTECH Applications and program code created by or for Customer using a Service or for use by Customer with the Services, and Customer Data, each as appropriate for SSTECH to provide and ensure proper operation of the Services and associated systems in accordance with this Agreement. If Customer chooses to use a Non-SSTECH Application with a Service, Customer grants SSTECH permission to allow the Non-SSTECH Application and its provider to access Customer Data and information about Customer’s usage of the Non-SSTECH Application as appropriate for the interoperation of that Non-SSTECH Application with the Service. Subject to the limited licenses granted herein, SSTECH acquires no right, title or interest from Customer or its licensors under this Agreement in or to any Customer Data, Non-SSTECH Application or such program code.
- License by Customer to Use Feedback. Customer grants to SSTECH and its Affiliates a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use, distribute, disclose, and make and incorporate into its services any suggestion, enhancement request, recommendation, correction or other feedback provided by Customer or Users relating to the operation of SSTECH’s or its Affiliates’ services.
- Definition of Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” means all information disclosed by a party (“Disclosing Party”) to the other party (“Receiving Party”), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure. Confidential Information of Customer includes Customer Data; Confidential Information of SSTECH includes the Services and Content, and the terms and conditions of this Agreement and all Order Forms (including pricing). Confidential Information of each party includes business and marketing plans, technology and technical information, product plans and designs, and business processes disclosed by such party. However, Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (ii) was known to the Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by the Disclosing Party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (iii) is received from a third party without knowledge of any breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, or (iv) was independently developed by the Receiving Party. For the avoidance of doubt, the non-disclosure obligations set forth in this “Confidentiality” section apply to Confidential Information exchanged between the parties in connection with the evaluation of additional SSTECH services.
- Protection of Confidential Information. As between the parties, each party retains all ownership rights in and to its Confidential Information. The Receiving Party will use the same degree of care that it uses to protect the confidentiality of its own confidential information of like kind (but not less than reasonable care) to (i) not use any Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement and (ii) except as otherwise authorized by the Disclosing Party in writing, limit access to Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to those of its and its Affiliates’ employees and contractors who need that access for purposes consistent with this Agreement and who have signed confidentiality agreements with the Receiving Party containing protections not materially less protective of the Confidential Information than those herein. Neither party will disclose the terms of this Agreement or any Order Form to any third party other than its Affiliates, legal counsel and accountants without the other party’s prior written consent, provided that a party that makes any such disclosure to its Affiliate, legal counsel or accountants will remain responsible for such Affiliate’s, legal counsel’s or accountant’s compliance with this “Confidentiality” section. Notwithstanding the foregoing, SSTECH may disclose the terms of this Agreement and any applicable Order Form to a contractor or Non-SSTECH Application Provider to the extent necessary to perform SSTECH’s obligations under this Agreement, under terms of confidentiality materially as protective as set forth herein.
- Compelled Disclosure. The Receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to the extent compelled by law to do so, provided the Receiving Party gives the Disclosing Party prior notice of the compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the Disclosing Party’s cost, if the Disclosing Party wishes to contest the disclosure. If the Receiving Party is compelled by law to disclose the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information as part of a civil proceeding to which the Disclosing Party is a party, and the Disclosing Party is not contesting the disclosure, the Disclosing Party will reimburse the Receiving Party for its reasonable cost of compiling and providing secure access to that Confidential Information.
- REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND DISCLAIMERS
- Representations. Each party represents that it has validly entered into this Agreement and has the legal power to do so.
- SSTECH Warranties. SSTECH warrants that during an applicable subscription term (a) this Agreement, the Order Forms and the Documentation will accurately describe the applicable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Customer Data, (b) SSTECH will not materially decrease the overall security of the Services, and (c) the Services will perform materially in accordance with the applicable Documentation. SSTECH will not materially decrease the overall functionality of the Services. For any breach of a warranty above, Customer’s exclusive remedies are those described in the “Termination” and “Refund or Payment upon Termination” sections below.
- Disclaimers. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND EACH PARTY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SERVICES PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE, CONTENT AND BETA SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AND AS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVE OF ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER.
- Indemnification by Customer. Customer will defend SSTECH and its Affiliates against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against SSTECH by a third party (a) alleging that the combination of a Non-SSTECH Application or configuration provided by Customer and used with the Services, infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights, or (b) arising from (i) Customer’s use of the Services or Content in an unlawful manner or in violation of the Agreement, the Documentation, or Order Form, (ii) any Customer Data or Customer’s use of Customer Data with the Services, or (iii) a Non-SSTECH Application provided by Customer(each a “Claim Against SSTECH ”), and will indemnify SSTECH from any damages, attorney fees and costs finally awarded against SSTECH as a result of, or for any amounts paid by SSTECH under a settlement approved by Customer in writing of, a Claim Against SSTECH, provided SSTECH (A) promptly gives Customer written notice of the Claim Against SSTECH, (B) gives Customer sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim Against SSTECH (except that Customer may not settle any Claim Against SSTECH unless it unconditionally releases SSTECH of all liability), and (C) gives Customer all reasonable assistance, at Customer’s expense. The above defense and indemnification obligations do not apply if a Claim Against SSTECH arises from SSTECH’s breach of this Agreement, the Documentation or applicable Order Forms.
- Exclusive Remedy. This “Indemnification” section states the indemnifying party’s sole liability to, and the indemnified party’s exclusive remedy against, the other party for any third-party claim described in this section.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Limitation of Liability. Neither party will be liable to the other for consequential, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, or exemplary damages for any cause of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence, product liability, strict liability, or any other theory) or otherwise.
- TERM AND TERMINATION
- Term of Agreement. This Agreement commences on the date Customer first accepts it and continues until all subscriptions hereunder have expired or have been terminated.
- Term of Purchased Subscriptions. The term of each subscription shall be as specified in the applicable Order Form. Except as otherwise specified in an Order Form, subscriptions will automatically renew indefinitely, unless either party gives the other written notice (email acceptable) at least 30 days before the end of the relevant subscription term. Except as expressly provided in the applicable Order Form, renewal of promotional or one-time priced subscriptions will be at SSTECH’s applicable list price in effect at the time of the applicable renewal. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any renewal in which subscription volume or subscription length for any Services has decreased from the prior term will result in re-pricing at renewal without regard to the prior term’s per-unit pricing.
- Termination. A party may terminate this Agreement for cause (i) upon 30 days written notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
- Refund or Payment upon Termination. If this Agreement is terminated by Customer in accordance with the “Termination” section above, SSTECH will refund Customer any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all Order Forms after the effective date of termination. If this Agreement is terminated by SSTECH in accordance with the “Termination” section above, Customer will pay any unpaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all Order Forms to the extent permitted by applicable law. In no event will termination relieve Customer of its obligation to pay any fees payable to SSTECH for the period prior to the effective date of termination.
- Surviving Provisions. The sections titled “Free Services,” “Fees and Payment,” “Proprietary Rights and Licenses,” “Confidentiality,” “Disclaimers,” “Indemnification,” “Limitation of Liability,” “Refund or Payment upon Termination,” “Removal of Content and Non-SSTECH Applications,” “Surviving Provisions” and “General Provisions” will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement, and the section titled “Protection of Customer Data” will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement for so long as SSTECH retains possession of Customer Data.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Entire Agreement and Order of Precedence. This Agreement is the entire agreement between SSTECH and Customer regarding Customer’s use of Services and Content and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, proposals or representations, written or oral, concerning its subject matter. The parties agree that any term or condition stated in a Customer purchase order or in any other Customer order documentation (excluding Order Forms) is void. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency among the following documents, the order of precedence shall be: (1) the applicable Order Form, (2) this Agreement, and (3) the Documentation. Titles and headings of sections of this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not affect the construction of any provision of this Agreement.
- Relationship of the Parties. The parties are independent contractors. This Agreement does not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship between the parties. Each party will be solely responsible for payment of all compensation owed to its employees, as well as all employment-related taxes.
- Third-Party Beneficiaries. There are no third-party beneficiaries under this Agreement.
- Waiver. No failure or delay by either party in exercising any right under this Agreement will constitute a waiver of that right.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the provision will be deemed null and void, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect.
- Assignment. Neither party may assign any of its rights or obligations hereunder, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the other party’s prior written consent (not to be unreasonably withheld); provided, however, either party may assign this Agreement in its entirety (including all Order Forms), without the other party’s consent to its Affiliate or in connection with a merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a party is acquired by, sells substantially all of its assets to, or undergoes a change of control in favor of, a direct competitor of the other party, then such other party may terminate this Agreement upon written notice. In the event of such a termination, SSTECH will refund Customer any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all subscriptions for the period after the effective date of such termination. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, without reference to conflict of laws principles. Any disputes under this Agreement shall be resolved in a court of general jurisdiction in England and Wales. Customer hereby expressly agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of this jurisdiction for the purpose of resolving any dispute relating to this Agreement or access to or use of the Services by Customer, Agents or End Users.
- Manner of Giving Notice. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices related to this Agreement will be in writing and will be effective upon (a) personal delivery, (b) the second business day after mailing, or (c), except for notices of termination or an indemnifiable claim (“Legal Notices”), which shall clearly be identifiable as Legal Notices, the day of sending by email. Billing-related notices to Customer will be addressed to the relevant billing contact designated by Customer. All other notices to Customer will be addressed to the relevant Services system administrator designated by Customer.
- Agreement to Governing Law and Jurisdiction. Each party agrees to the applicable governing law above without regard to choice or conflicts of law rules, and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the applicable courts above.
- Survival. Termination of such agreement shall not limit a Party’s liability for obligations accrued as of or prior to such termination or for any breach of this Agreement.
- Modifications to the Agreement. With the exception of Rate Modification Notices, this Agreement may only be amended by a written instrument, duly executed by the Parties. No modification or amendment hereto shall be effected by the acknowledgment or acceptance by either Party of any purchase order, sales acknowledgment or other similar form from the other Party.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Terms and Conditions, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.